Though today’s world is totally dependent on the internet and artificial intelligence, Some old devices are still relevant to vehicle drivers and owners. CB radio is one of them, and truckers still find this electronic device helpful.
CB radio is an easy installing device, and truckers mostly use this device for quick communication, weather monitoring, and finding other truckers in remote areas. From truckers to Jeep owners, Cobra 29 lx is one of the trusted CB radios for its better communication, emergency alert, and auto scan system.
But, sometimes, its whole function seems abortive, and truckers become disappointed when they see Cobra 29 lx antenna warning notification on the screen. This article will help you to find out all possible causes of antenna warnings and make your journey safer again.
Cobra 29 lx displays warning for a few causes like antenna are too close, cable issue, unsupportive CB antenna and mainly for VR6 electrical components. All the causes for antenna warnings are given in the article with details, and a step-by-step solution guide is provided to the trucker.
No need to be panic as any trucker or Jeep owner can solve this radio issue with a few easy steps without spending money on a mechanic.
Causes Of Cobra Antenna Warning
The Antenna Is Too Close
In most trucks or jeeps, a CB antenna is placed on the rear side of your vehicle, which is far enough from your CB radio. But, you can change the position and place it in different locations in your vehicle if your CB antenna is portable.
If your vehicle’s CB antenna is too close to the radio, sometimes radio frequencies can’t match and shows an antenna warning.
Antenna Cable Issue
Radio might show an antenna warning when there are faults or scratches in the antenna cable. Sometimes antenna cable or socket becomes rusty if the cable gets wet and shows a warning On the CB screen. So, check the CB antenna cable from beginning to end to find out what exactly happened in the antenna.
Unsupportive CB Antenna
Cobra 29 lx is a powerful CB radio, and sometimes it protects the unrecognized source of the network to keep driver’s information safe.
However, have you found this issue after mounting a new CB antenna on your Cobra lx29? If the answer is yes, maybe your newly bought CB antenna is not pairing with your CB system.
How To Fix Cobra CB Antenna Wiring Issue
- Keeping the CB antenna at a distant place from the CB radio and rear side is the best option for grounding an external CB antenna. It is the first step to solving this issue, and if it works for the first time, you are out of more hassle.
- When your first attempt fails, then check the antenna from cable to mount to find out any leakage; if you find any leak, there is no need to fix it and adjust another cable with your CB antenna. Now, turn off the radio, then ON it, and look, you are out of this issue.
- If your first two steps fail, this will surely work to remove the antenna warning though the process is slightly complex. Turn off the radio and remove all the cables behind it and take it into your hand. Take a screwdriver from your vehicle toolbox and remove all the small bolts from the CB radio.
- After removing the bolts, the radio cap will be open automatically, and then remove the cover with caution. There is a circuit board with a lot of electrical components in the CB radio. Don’t make the process complex with unnecessary cables touch in the CB radio.
- Besides the power cable, you will see a black-colored electrical component named VR6 in the circuit board, and the whole purpose of opening the CB radio is VR6. Now turn on the radio but don’t connect the antenna, and still, you will see the warning.
- Then keep the screwdriver on the VR6 like putting the screwdriver on the bolts. Then, turn the VR6 clockwise but not too fast and keep your eyes on the screen. Turn it slowly until the warning removes from the screen and if it disappears, stop turning.
- I think your Cobra radio problem is solved, and mow put the radio cap on the radio as before. Then close all the bolts tightly with your screwdriver and rearrange the whole radio system with the antenna.
|Causes of Cobra radio warning||Solutions||cost|
|The antenna is closer to the radio.||Mount the CB antenna on the rear side of the vehicle||$0|
|Antenna cable issue||Change the antenna cable||$15-$25|
|Unsupportive CB antenna||Off on your radio and then run a scan||$0|
|VR6 problems||Open the radio cover and turn VR6 clockwise with a screwdriver||$0|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why does my antenna light on Cobra 29?
Usually, in Cobra 29, antenna lights don’t stay on until there is an issue with your CB antenna. When your Cobra 29 antenna light is on, and the CB radio is not working, you should check the whole cable. If it shows a warning sign with a light, it is clear that the CB radio is facing a problem with the antenna.
2. What antenna works best with a Cobra 29 LTD?
I think Cobra’s antenna works the best with a Cobra 29 LTD for their mutual fitment. You can try Cobra’s 28-inch 27 Mhz antenna to have the best support and fitment with your 29 LTD. Truckers trust this antenna for its mutual fitment with Cobra 29 LTD and performance, though you can try TRAM or RoadPro for Cobra 29.
Sometimes truckers change their whole radio set without knowing the antenna warning issue properly. They waste their money buying another one though they can fix this simple radio issue by spending some time on the internet.
When you find a cobra 29 lx antenna warning on the radio screen, try these methods, and it will undoubtedly work. There are a lot of handheld CB radios made for truckers and Jeep owners; you can try one of these if you are uncomfortable with the attached CB radio and antenna system.